TASTEL / TASTEL+ News
The latest current version is the version 2013 ; the new version 2015 will bring new features with a special effort to capture questionnaires by the panelists in a touch mode, but with also to new features listed below:
Major improvements Tastel (+) Version 2015 versus Version 2013
. Questionnaires tactile input with new keys and more user friendly dialogue
. Development of new experimental designs such as Williams Latin Squares (MOLS)
. Development of a specific entry for a free text description, like in the wine tasting evaluations
. Development of the discrimination test: 2 on 4 (tetrads)
. Ability to import preparing files in order to be capable to create automatically profiles questionnaires
. General improvements of output reports with formatting operations concerning type of fonts, sizes of characters, color of graphics, but also the communication of interpretations, particularly for discrimination testing with the risks associated with the differences and similarities between products ...
MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS FOR TASTEL(+) - Version 2013 versus Version 2010 :
- Adaptation of the software to the latest version Microsoft© Office 2010, especially for the output of graphics.
- Adaptaption and total compatibility of TASTEL(+) version 2013 to the latest version of the Microsoft operating system Windows 8©.
- Adaption of the format of dates for full compatibility in any foreign countries.
- First developments in TASTEL(+) to adapt data entry in touch mode on touchPads.
- PREPARATION OF TESTS
- Complete overhaul of the questionnaire creation for Consumer Studies with extensive possibilities to duplicate and move each question constituting a questionnaire. These new operations allow to create in an very user-friendly any questionnaire.
- Possibility to organize a succession of profile tests using several types of questionnaires in a testing session.
- Development of a very user friendly way (copy and move) to enter sensory attributes in profiling preparation.
- EXTENSION AND IMPROVEMENT IN DATA ENTRY
- Integration of vertical scales of values in Consumer Studies, and associated processing with taking into account rating scales labeled for each category, for example for appreciation type: Very high, High, Medium, Neither like nor dislike, Moderately dislikes, Dislikes strongly, Strongly dislikes.
- Integration of the Balanced Incomplete Blocks (BIB) entry in Consumer Studies, integrating also corresponding specific treatments in Analysis of Variance.
- Increase of the number of comments suggested, up to 100 selected choices in these comment list, with also an increase in the number of characters per word.
- Integration of 2 out of 5 tests in differentiation tests with experimental designs, data entry, data processing and report issues.
- Extensions of controls for Consumer Studies data entry with controls on incompatible choices or mandatory choices, but also controls on equal values in ranking tests, for example.
- Extension of controls for scales based on negative lower limits in data entry and data processing.
- CONSTITUTION OF ENTRY FORMS
- Automatic integration of the welcome screens in Word forms dedicated to be emailed as an attachment in profiling or triangular testing for an automatic data collection in TASTEL.
- DATA PROCESSING AND REPORTS
- Possibility to recode the processed item references: For example to change product reference, date and test names for all treatment with one or more tests during treatment: Possible example is to decompose a single test with 4 products in 2 tests of 2 products, or vice versa to group different tests in a single test.
- Increase of several thousands the number of couples Tests / Dates identified in profile database.
- Information in profile data processing to know if the judges are present in all tests to issue results in panel quality operations.
- Restitution of calculated distances between each pair of PCA products using details on each component weighted according inertia of these components.
- Integration of Mann & Whitney U test in Consumer Studies for two products and Kruskal Wallis tests for unpaired data sets.
- Possibility in the profile data processing and Duncan tests in ANOVA to work on differences versus another product or mean value.
- Integration of 10% significance results in ranking results for the Consumer Studies.
- GENERATION OF REPORT
- Development of setting and formatting options in results report for any report items. These settings can be applied on texts, taking into account the color, the font characters, the font size, background color. These setting options can be defined for all results as the size of the labels in graphs or the line colors, the line types for any results or graphs, and for each product, for example.
- CONTROLS AND ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
- Warnings in case of test names including not allowed characters ("/" or "\") in the names of the tests.
- Ability to save “Help” files with file names, as for the welcome screens.
- Increase in the number of characters for file reference when registering synonyms in textual analysis.
- Possible monitoring and follow up of the sessions in real time to identify data entry values ,and if panel members have completed or not their questionnaires.
- FOLLOW UP THE RATING AND THE TRAINING OF JUDGES
- Possibility to automatically issue the details of the panellist differences scoring (ratings above or below) of each of the judges and attributes compared to the panel means across the panel for each of the evaluation sessions.
- Integration of a module for monitoring the training of judges with the opportunity to highlight the differences in the rating of each of the judges in relation to a reference rating for all sensory techniques, for example for triangle tests, rankings, profiles, … and to add all this results in a summary rating.
As a reminder, the changes made to the 2010 version (released in June 2010) were as follows:
MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS FOR TASTEL - Version 2010 :
- Released systematic multiple questionnaires in three forms:
- Questionnaires paper in Word©, with ranges of numbers for easy entry
- Questionnaires paper in Word©, with ranges of numbers and line codes for input scanner
- Questionnaires in Word© forms, with the possibility of seizure relocated via email.
- Overhaul of the management of consumer Tastel+ ;
- Much more friendly, more flexible, with links and output directly to Excel©
- Opportunity to add criteria, conduct followed, and example editing of identity cards for each panel
- Automatic links now exist to select filter criteria in studies of treatment products.
- Development of reporting
- with improved output results with particular classifications and statistical frequency
- Increase the size charts
- now in routine operation principles model, whatever the initial treatment.
- Full development of the method of the Profile Pivot©, with automation and re-treatment progress related to developments in textual analysis. It is possible to ascertain the nature of this new method developed internally in the Services (see publications and descriptive documents, downloadable in pdf).
- Significant improvement of usability at the entry of initialization parameters and treatment by combination of pages, and return the items already set or collected.
- Complete overhaul of treatments for textual analysis: The automation have been developed so that, in some cases do not require taking into account the context of words, a fully automated processing, and output results with formatting . The inclusion of product names and times of treatment were also included.
- Development of new monitoring exercises and training of judges ; it is possible using sensory referents built by different sensory techniques used (triangular scales, rankings, profiles) released results on the monitoring of such training as well as syntheses by the judge and to the panel on a set of tests and training sessions.
- Implementation profile compared by coach through the profiles before conventional structured to allow easy attachment, quick and comparative.
- Placing followed by licensing of products using Profiler Flaw coach and on many samples. This development meets the new requirements for out of state on licensing and compliance products like AOC / PDO for wines and other products of Controlled Appellation of Origin / Protected.
- Development of triangular tests followed, in order to take on many dates results on the differences and identities of products over time using alpha and beta testing.
- Improvements in test output type DTS (Temporal Dominance of Sensations) with smoothing curves return results.
- General increases software's capabilities, such as the number of tests in treatment in the number of products, and the number of consumers (over 10 000 now instead of 1 000).
- Improvements presentations entry screens, particularly the seizure of triangular tests, but also for consumer testing.
- Improved presentation of Classifications in the return of results, with more graphics treated in the constitution of trees.
- Development of spheres of confidence in the ACP products * judges in order to identify significant differences between products in a Principal Component Analysis.
- Development of a Spanish version of Tastel+, to meet customer demand in Spain and those from Latin America.
- Improvements in results of optimization functions, particularly mentioning product names and variable names directly in the protocols to make and graphics output.
- Implementation of statistical tests of multiple choice Tastel+; these tests are based mainly on statistics based on laws binomial comparison of frequencies.
- Improved data management, especially by the display of column names (variable names) in the visualization of data consumers.
- Increased backup and data security, backups through systematic data archiving primarily in order to return the data entered, even if problems or inappropriate handling.